Former GRTS presenter, Alh. Essa Jallow has joined the newly established political party, Gambia Democratic Congress (GDC).
Essa is the party’s Press Secretary.
He left GRTS in 2001 to further his education in the United Kingdom after a nine year career with the national broadcaster.
The Brikama-born is widely described
The president of the Islamic Republic of The Gambia- and Zenab Jammeh’s husband – turns 51 today, 25th May.
Jammeh is likely going to take a few hours break from his Meet the People Tour to celebrate his special day with senior government officials and APRC supporters.
At the Kanifing Municipality, the day was celebrated yesterday with a musical concert held at the West Field Monument.
St Peter's Technical Junior and Senior Secondary School recently held its 36th graduation ceremony at the school grounds and guess what? Eliana Jarju was the star of the evening once again as she picked six prizes.
In addition to being named as one of the three most outstanding students of
If you haven’t heard of him, then you are not a keen follower of Gambian music.
Barhama is widely considered as the country’s brightest, cutest and most talented young singer.
Many girls have admitted having a crush on him, some openly proclaiming their love for him on social media.
Runway model, Faya Faye has become a mum for the first time after welcoming her first child into the world.
A delighted Faya recently took to Instagram to share a photo of the baby wrapped on her back.
Who is the father? This is the million dollar question on everyone’s
The 2015/16 tourist season has ended with Karsten’s Smiling Coast Restaurant in Senegambia closing its doors for good.
“Dear friends, unfortunately I have closed the restaurant forever. It´s very sad, but it was not profitable since the opening and I don´t want to invest any more money. 100 000 €
Thought the beef between Fatou Camara and Fatou Fatty was over? Think again!
It seems the former GRTS presenter is not yet ready to let it go and she is using her Facebook page and online radio to take swipes at Fatou Fatty.
On Saturday, she relaunched the beef by
- Is The Gambia ready for a female president: potential candidates?
- Rapper Kanazu Barz returns home after five years in France
- My Gambian husband dumped me for his ‘sister’
- Rising stars: Meet The Gambia’s fastest girls
- The Gambia will miss you! Students pay tribute to famous PE teacher
- First lady donates D2.4m to pay for sick children’s overseas treatment
- Humanity Starz accused of ‘betraying’ and ‘abandoning’ Sandeng
- Gambian oldies are using bitter kola to increase their sex drive
- UK police question Oumar Niasse over ‘assault’ of Gambian wife?
- The Gambia bids farewell to 2015/16 winter tourist season