Gambia Democratic Congress (GDC) had upset the apple-cart in the just concluded local government elections held on Thursday, 12thApril 2018. Well, well, well that was not on the script, was it? The party's political trajectory is enviable and won them many admirers on the side-lines. Their supporters are generally mild-mannered,
A famous England-based television presenter and novelist, Prue Leith has been slammed after describing The Gambia as a sex heaven for elderly European men and women.
In an article published in the Spectator magazine, Prue, who was recently in the country with her husband, said she was shocked to see
One of The Gambia’s most famous young poets, Abdoulie Jatta recently made a very surprising announcement: he quit Islam.
The young poet, who is currently studying medicine in Cuba, revealed on Facebook that he is now a Christian who is committed to spreading the Gospel and sharing the hope he
One of the most respected Gambian professors at the University of The Gambia (UTG) has voiced his support for Bakary Badjie in the upcoming KMC mayoral elections, declaring that he is 100% for the independent candidate.
Dr Sidat Yaffa, who is an associate professor of agronomy, said Bakary is an
Success Chibuzor, a Nigerian gospel singer based in The Gambia recently received a Gospel award as artist of the year, album of the year and song of the year.
The award night was organised by Wave Plus Promotion held at Djembe Beach Hotel as part of promoting artistes talents. Speaking
After receiving an outpouring of love and respect from Gambians for his commitment to ethical and diligent service, Malang Camara has been promoted to the rank of corporal by the Inspector General of Police.
Camara, who joined the Gambia Police Force in 2012 shortly after completing his senior secondary education
There were tears in Mankamang Kunda as GDC’s Ebrima Manneh was announced the winner in Julangel in the recently held local government election.
It was a sad mood at President Adama Barrow’s home village. They were inconsolable and many of his family members and neighbours appeared to be in dumbfounded
- Gina Bass is the world’s poorest Olympian
- Senegal’s next First Lady could be a Gambian
- Saul Sowe signs Nyancho, Mad Snake, Dave Ndow to Joluv Arts
- Meet the first female president of the University of the Gambia Students' Union
- Scary revelation about Mai Fatty’s sacking
- DJ Che Fyah poised to promote peace and unity
- DJ Kanu celebrates first anniversary with British wife
- Another reason why you should not vote for Talib
- I married my husband because I love him! Fatima Jabbe opens up to What's On-Gambia
- 10 reasons why you should vote for Bakary Badjie