Brikama-born journalist, Sheriff Bojang Jnr is the new president of the Gambia Press Union. He's among the youngest ever to occupy the position.
Here are ten things you should know about him:
1. Sheriff had an early introduction to journalism when he was a student at Bottrop Technical Senior Secondary School in Brikama.
2. His family is among the most influential families in Brikama. Some of his prominent relatives include Standard Newspaper's Sheriff Bojang.
3. He was one of the most prominent journalists at the Daily Observer before the newspaper was purchased by Amadou Samba.
4. He once lived in England, where he was famous for throwing barbs at former President Jammeh.
5. Sheriff later settled in Dakar after escaping arrest in The Gambia.
6. He is a freelancer for Al Jazeera, France 24, RFI English and Head of English Service at West Africa Democracy Radio - French Service.
7. He was among the first African journalists to visit Sierra Leone during the Ebola outbreak that claimed so many lives.
8. His brother, Pa Modou Bojang is the owner of Home Digital FM - the country's newest radio station.
9. Some of the prominent world leaders he interviewed include former Liberian president, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
10. Sheriff is among the famous Gambians who are yet to get married.