Was it the work of marabouts?
This was the question on everyone's lips when news emerged that legendary footballer Biri Biri’s son, Yusupha Njie will not be joining French Ligue 1 team, Stade de Reims after negotiations fell apart with his Portuguese team, Boavista.
The 24-year-old, one of Gambia's most
Mass Mizzle has said rumours about his sexual orientation do not bother him. The young fashion designer said he will not prove his sexuality to anyone.
In an interview with Fatu Networkon Saturday, he disclosed: “I am not bothered by what others are thinking of me. I have no
The Gambia’s new vice president was officially sworn-in on Monday at the State House in Banjul. A famous lawyer-turned-politician, Ousainou Darboe is the first male to hold the office since Saihou Sabally in 1994.
After swearing an oath of office on a Quran, Darboe thanked President Barrow for appointing him
If you ask most people about famous Gambians, they will tell you that most of them are obsessed with light-skinned women. In this edition of What’s On-Gambia, we bring you eight of them who are married to light-skinned women.
Former President Yahya Jammeh’s wife, Zeinab is a Moroccan-Guinean
Yahya Jammeh is still enjoying a five-star treatment in Equatorial Guinea as President Adama Barrow struggles to crush the egos in his Coalition government.
The former president moved to the Central African country after losing the 2016 presidential election.
Hi party’s newly appointed deputy leader, Rambo Jatto recently told Standard
Gambians are among many football enthusiasts that are showing their support for England after the Three Lions defeated Sweden to reach the World Cup semi-final for the first time in 28 years.
One Huraimatou Bah in Bakau wrote on Facebook: “Oh yes, England will make it to the final.”
Stade de Reims has reached a deal to sign Gambian international Yusupha Njie from Portuguese club Boavista FC in a transfer reportedly worth more than one hundred million dalasis (D100m).
The French website, L’Union announced the signing, saying Yusupha officially joined the club yesterday, July 10.
The 24-year-old, who is widely
- Kerr Fatou becomes first online media outlet to face defamation lawsuit
- No Gambian again at NBA draft
- Is Pa Modou Bojang the most famous journalist in the New Gambia?
- OPINION: Darboe’s fingerprints are all over the cabinet reshuffle
- O’Boy and Gambian Child’s “Bijirr Bajarr” hits 500,000 views on YouTube
- Single mum still searching for missing son
- Why are Senegalese sports celebrities quick at dumping their Gambian wives?
- Modou barrow’s career has gone downhill since he married 3rd wife
- Another young Gambian Muslim converts to Christianity
- Why is Lamin Jallow wasting money on cars and parties?
Page 10 of 287